Library members can read digital copies of your favourite magazines for free from your computer, smartphone or tablet. If you wish to use a mobile device you will need to download the app the first time you use the service. Choose from over 20 magazines covering everything from photography, computers, cooking, history, fitness and more.
Please note this service was previously called Zinio - It has been rebranded as RBDigital and eBooks,eAudio and eMagazines are now combined into a single app. Users can still use the same account details to access this service.
Visit our eMagazines website
How does it work?
You can download as many eMagazines as you wish.
There are no loan period or overdue fees, so magazines can be read at your leisure!
Once you have downloaded the magazine you can keep it for as long as you wish.
Also you can choose to be notified by email when new issues of your favourite magazine are available to be downloaded.
How to set up an RBdigital account and start borrowing
- Visit the Northumberland Libraries Magazines website and click on 'create new account', enter your library card number and complete the rest of the form.' - you will be asked for basic information including library membership card number, name, email address and postcode. You will also be asked to create a user name and password which you can then use to log on to the RB Digital app or website. (Please note you currently cannot register in the App)
- You can either use a web browser to access the service or download a free app.The RBDigital App is available for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire devices. Select 'RBdigital' from the App store to download the RBdigital app to your device. Click here to find and download the right app.Use our easy links below to get the app you need for your device:
- Please note if you do not already have an account for our eBooks and eAudio or eMagazine service you will need to register on the website first before you login in to the app.
- Find a magazine you want to read and click on checkout.
- You can read online on your computer or you can download your magazines for reading offline on your smartphone or tablet
If you need help please check out the frequently asked questions section.
There is unrestricted access to the magazine catalogue and downloading of titles. Please be aware of this when allowing your children to use the service. Parents and carers remain responsible for what they allow their children to download.
The titles available will sometimes change due to licensing issues.
Magazines can be read on public library PCs.