Library members can download eBooks and eAudio for free through our RBdigital service. We have over 1000 eAudiobooks and over 800 eBooks that library members can download for free. Our selection is updated on a regular basis too!
Please note this service was previously called OneclickDigital. It has been rebranded as RBDigital and eBooks,eAudio and eMagazines are now combined into a single app. Users can still use the same account details to access this service.
Visit our RBdigital eBook and eAudio website
How does it work?
- Check out up to 6 eBooks and 6 eAudio titles at a time.
- When downloading your eBook or eAudiobook you can select the amount of time you wish to borrow the item for ranging from 1 to 21 days.
- There are no overdue fees and if you finish early you can return it early! Items expire automatically at the end of the loan period unless you have returned them early.
- If the item you want is not available you can reserve it free of charge and you will be alerted when it is available for download. Please note reservations count as one of your loans.
- Add items to a Wish List if you don't want to borrow them straight away but might want to in the future
- To use this service you will need to download an app if you are going to use it on a mobile device. If you are going to use it on a PC, Mac or laptop you will need to download some additional software.
- Please note this service cannot be used on the Library PC’s. However, you can access them on your own device if the library has Wi Fi.
- You do need to be a library member to use this service. You can join by filling in this online form. Your library card with your number will then be posted to you and you can start to use this service. Alternatively you can visit any Northumberland Library and join there. Please note if you join online your temporary ID will not work.
How to set up an RBdigital account and start borrowing
- Register by visiting our RBdigital website in a web browser and clicking on 'Register' - you will be asked for basic information including library membership card number, name, email address and postcode. You will also be asked to create a user name and password which you can then use to log on to the RB Digital app or website. (Please note you currently cannot register in the App)
- You can either use a web browser to access the service or download a free app.The RBDigital App is available for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire devices. Select 'RBdigital' from the App store to download the RBdigital app to your device. Click here to find and download the right app.
- Use our easy links below to get the app you need for your device:
- If you are using a PC or Mac please visit the RBdigital website to find out about the software you need.
- When setting up the app for the first time you will need to select the country - UK and library name - Active Northumberland Libraries.
- Once registered, you can start to browse the collection and checkout and download titles straight away.
Visit our help page to find out more about using eBooks and eAudio.
Note to Parent and Carers - There is unrestricted access to the eBook and eAudio website and downloading of titles. Please be aware of this when allowing your children to use the service. Parents and carers remain responsible for what they allow their children to download.