Most of our Libraries have printing, photocopying and scanning facilities. To check your local Library please click here.
The council uses filtering software to block access to websites that could be judged to be inappropriate. However, the filtering software is not infallible and can sometimes block sites that may not be inappropriate. If this happens a form will appear online where you can request to have the block removed.
Acceptable Use Policy
Do you need help using a computer?
Do you want to learn how to use a computer? Are you curious about the Internet? Why not book a one-to-one session with one of our Digital Champions? The sessions are free of charge and you can attend as a one-off or for a few weeks. Find out more about our Digital Champions.
The maximum session that can be booked at a time is one hour. Additional time can be booked if a computer is available.
You do not have to book in advance but the PCs can get busy. Computer booking can be made one week in advance by phoning or visiting your local library.
Using the Computers
- Computer use is free of charge for up to two hours per day for library members (£1 per additional half hour). £1 per half hour for guests or visitors using the PC facilities.
Printing and Scanning
- Printing charge: 15p per side for black and white and 50p per side for colour.
- Scanning charge: Free to use the scanner but to print a copy of a scanned document the printing fees apply.
- Photocopy charge for A4: 15p per side for black and white and 50p per side for colour.
- Photocopy charge for A3: 30p per side for black and white and £1.00 per side for colour.
- Photocopy charge for community groups: 10p per side for A4 black and white and 20p per side for A4 colour photocopying.