Bring your past to life and build your family tree with our fantastic new subscription to Find My Past. Search births, deaths and marriages, census records, the 1939 Register and much more. You can create your own account and use the information you find to build a family tree. This is a great resource to use with Ancestry and British Newspaper Archive to trace your ancestors.
A wide range of records are waiting for you to discover them using this fantastic resource These include:
- Access to the 1939 Register - The 1939 Register represents one of the most important documents in 20th century Britain. The information it contains not only helped toward the war effort, it was also used in the founding of the NHS.
- Census records - Census records from England, Wales & Scotland, 1841-1911
- BMDs records - Easy-to-search birth, marriage and death records
- Parish records - UK's largest collection of parish records, dating from 1538
- Travel & migration records - Travel & migration records including 24 million passenger list records
- Military records - Military, armed forces & conflict records from WWI, WWII & more
- Newspaper records - Millions of pages of historical British Newspapers
Please note that you can use your Find My Past account anywhere but you will only get unlimited access from our subscription while on a library computer.
Start using Find My Past
You can use Find My Past free of charge on any of the Public PCs in our libraries. Please note that you will not be able to access it from home.