Libraries Week runs from 9-14 October and gives you a chance to discover the range of things you can do at your local library, from accessing WiFi, downloading eBooks and eMagazines, children's activities, computer help to mention just a few! There are lots of different things to do at the library rather than just borrowing books. Take a look below at these fantastic library facts:
To celebrate Libraries Week we have highlighted some of the things that are happening during the week in our Libraries.
Click on an individual event to find out more.
Did you know?
Here are a few facts you may not have known about us:
- 30 of our Libraries have free WiFi that you can use.
- You can download eBooks, eAudio and eMagazines 24/7. All you need is a library card and to sign up for an RBdigital account. Never be stuck for something to read again if your local library is closed.
- If you visit one of our libraries you can pick up the sticker storybook ‘Bear's Reading Adventure’ – free for families with children aged up to five. Children get awarded a new sticker to put in this book every time they visit the library – collect all 10 to download a special Bookstart certificate!
- You can revise for your Theory Test online at home or in the library using our free resource - Theory Test Pro.
- You can research your family tree in our libraries by using Ancestry, Find My Past and British Newspaper Archive online for free.
- By: My Library
- Category: Blog